I specialize in making companies, districts, and departments sustainable by working with them to create a structure for instructional design & development.
I’m available for instructional design and online LMS implementation consulting in the following areas:
- Systemic review of online learning systems, procedures and processes with a focus on making organizations self-sufficient in the management and continual improvement of their own training
- Instructional design of online environments in: Blackboard (8 and 9.1), Moodle (1.9 and 2.0)
- Educational user design (looking at web design from an educational learner perspective, focusing on intuitive navigation and discovery-based learning)
- Online design, building, and facilitation of training for teachers, faculty, and support staff in LMS and/or educational websites
- Face-to-face presentations on instructional design, student-focused learning online, and best practices for design and development of online workshops and courses
Previous consulting projects include:
Parker® 2012 – Present
Consultant – Systemic eLearning Conversion, Design & Development
- Advised on systemic conversion from previous online courses into a full (ongoing) system-wide implementation of Moodle 2.2 CMS.
- Created internal design and development processes to make Parker independently capable of converting content and migrating it into Moodle 2.2, including design organization templates, alignment for objectives, instructional materials and assessments.
- Advised on file management for processes for internal file updating, access, and centralized distribution.
- Crafted customized course template for consistency, ease-of-use for learners, and unified learner messaging for participants.
- Created style guides and templates for documentation for PPTs, documents, quizzes, and development in Articulate’s Storyline.
- Advised on development tools and build-out of eLearning with future expansion in mind for modalities including mobile learning and world-wide implementation with Subject Matter Experts from multiple countries.
Quality Matters® 2011-2012
Consultant – Instructional Designer and Developer
- Assisted in the redesign and redevelopment of the Applying the Quality Matters Rubric (APPQMR) – QM’s flagship training course.
- Created Moodle courses (Moodle 1.9) focusing on quality instructional design principles for professional development of higher education faculty, including: Creating a Foundation with Learning Objectives (Standard 2), Connecting Learning Objectives and Assessments (Standards 2 & 3), Link Instructional Materials and Learner Engagement (Standards 4 & 5)
- Created a Facilitator Resource Site and accompanying materials including How-To documentation for: Setting Up Your QM Course in Moodle, How To Use a Glossary in Moodle, How To Post an Attachment to a Wiki in Moodle, How To Post an Attachment to a Discussion Forum in Moodle
- Implemented a wide range of technologies for the creation of learning objects, including: Adobe Presenter, Softchalk Lessonbuilder, Jing, Screencast (via embedding), Slideshare, and Prezi.
- Facilitated multiple professional development online workshops for a national audience of faculty from QM subscriber institutions.
Bedford City School District – 2011
Consultant – Instructional Designer for Professional Development
- Designed and developed an online faculty training workshop for K-12 inservice teachers in Moodle focusing on crafting quality courses through instructional design for K-12 students
- Showcased a variety of eLearning Authoring tools, including avatars, Prezis, embedded Slideshare presentations, wikis, and other multimedia tools
- Facilitated two sessions of the professional development workshop
- Coordinated granting of graduate credit for licensure renewal through Ashland University