Still working on definition of terms. As in the definition of terms that is a part of Chapter 1. Notably, Chapter 1 is NOT part of the Literature Review (aka Chapter 2,) which is due at the end of this week. To myself. I’m turning it in to myself. The accountability is somewhat suspect.
Currently I’m putting together a list and description of CBE organizations at the national level, including some of the major funders supporting CBE work. Thus far I have:
- ACT Foundation
- American Association of Colleges and Universities (AAC&U) (principally GEMs and VALUE, though I suppose I should throw LEAP in there as well.)
- American Council on Education
- Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation
- C-BEN (Competency-Based Education Network)
- CAEL (Council for Adult and Experiential Education)
- EDUCAUSE (principally Next Generation Learning Challenge efforts)
- The Joyce Foundation
- Lumina (principally supporting Public Agenda, C-BEN, Connecting Credentials, Credential Transparency Initiative, and who could forget the Degree Qualifications Profile. They’re such slackers over there at Lumina.)
- National Institute for Learning Outcomes Assessment (NILOA)
- National Network (of Business and Industry Associations)
- Public Agenda
Am I missing any? Taking recommendations! @sashatberr sashatberr at google mail.
Best – Sasha